Please view my free seminar on Negotiating Tech, Telecom & Cloud Deals. Stream it anytime. Set up free account & go. http://lnkd.in/bEA8Qhb. I would love to get your comments!
November 17 – 18, 2014
American Conference Institute’s IT Service Agreements and Licensing-Cloud, Open Source, and Software Summit.
Mark will be co-chairing the American Conference Institute’s IT Service Agreements and Licensing-Cloud, Open Source, and Software Summit.
Besides co-chairing, on day two, Mark will be speaking in a session called “Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Planning Your Exit Strategies When Terminating a Contract While Maximizing Your Resources.”
For more information: http://bit.ly/1u6hKJA
November 4, 2014
Practicing Law Institute’s Advanced Licensing Agreements 2014
Mark will be cohosting a mock negotiation of a license agreement. Attendees will learn:
- Putting it all together; a simulated negotiation of a license agreement
- Drafting techniques and suggestions for specific clauses
- Explanation of the “real world” relevance of license provisions
- Pointers on negotiation techniques to develop compromises
- Identification of typical business terms
For more information: http://www.pli.edu/re.aspx?pk=50561&t=NGU4_UIPL4
October 21, 2014 from 2:45 to 3:45 PM
CAUCUS IT Procurement Summit 2014
SaaS deals Without Pain
Large enterprises and even Fortune 100s are becoming increasingly comfortable with cloud solutions. However, cloud deals raise many complex legal issues that need to be thoroughly negotiated and documented in agreements. In this session, attendees will learn about the unique customs, usages, and norms of cloud deals, as well as the particular provisions that are critical to agreements in this area. The discussion will include issues common to cloud agreements, including intellectual property, warranties, and limitations of liability. Attendees will learn to spot the key issues, improve their drafting skills, and learn how to be better negotiators. This session will focus on the negotiating give and take, and how to respond to vendors’ positions.
- Get template language for limitation of liability, personal identifiable information, and other key provisions.
- Receive a comprehensive PowerPoint presentation.
- Leave with reprints of 10 great SaaS articles.
For more information: http://www.caucusnet.com/conference/